Toucan - Dialogue Toucan - Dialogue

Nice job. It has a nice flow, and is simple yet interesting. Very indicative of Koji Kondo (in a very good way too). Overall a good listen.

SilentTakedown responds:

Thanks! Yeah, Koji Kondo.

Princess Marion Princess Marion

Nice

I like it. Feels / sounds like Thomas Newman meets Howard Shore. The texture and color is flavorful. Keep it up.

MrMeD - Personal Void MrMeD - Personal Void

Okay

It's definitely interesting, the last part was the best with the bass. The very beginning was also good, but it felt like it dragged on and the transitioning was lacking towards the last part. I didn't rate down because of it (mostly the somewhat boring area towards the middle - around 1:50 or so), but please clarify how this is "classical" - thanks.

Fox Dog Hymn Fox Dog Hymn

Hmm

Church Singing + Fox Dog = Good Music, but.. disturbing? Nice Job regardless.

Bezo responds:

What is disturbing about it?

Roman war Roman war

Eh..

It's okay. The high point is the rhythym. There are quite a bit of things you can work on however...

Firstly, it's a bit repetitive. There is no building.
Secondly, this song is NOT classical. Using instruments you find in an orchestra in no way makes it "classical" or "art music". Half the stuff added to this genre on newgrounds isn't even classical.

When comparing it to similiar music of it's style, it felt as though there wasn't enough of a sort of "build", but rather stayed a bit level, once again kind of the same stuff over and over again for 3 minutes.

For a Psuedo Genre song like this, I would rate it a 6/10 still.. so I'll still give you that. If I was rating it as a "classical" work, it'd be lower.

I Feel Like Dancing! I Feel Like Dancing!

Hmm..

The song, ignoring the lyrics is pretty great. The lyrics are funny. The only reason I didn't give it a 9, is that the voice could be a little louder, and it is.. creepy still. :D Still love it though.

Light and Dark Pt. 6 Light and Dark Pt. 6

Wow!

All I can say is Wow. The song was really great from the start, but I have to commend you with the classical guitar and the piano at the end. I cannot describe it, but it's just peaceful and has so much emotion.

The Rhythm brought a lot to the song.

Besides the ending, the main section with the brass, strings and choir really make this song, then the slower transition into the pan flute, and then to the classical guitar. Listening to the song for the second time is almost different from the first in a way.

Then of course it comes back to the epic strings. The Layering is amazing.

I would rate this a 9.5 / 10, only because I feel the introduction is too slow too long. Since I can't rate half stars, 10/10 is my rating. This is an amazing piece, and has a lot of emotion.

Just "Wow!"

TommyUlysesGrant responds:

:) Thank you very much.

I try to make all my songs with good textures. and transactions of emotion, and feeling.

The Reduzer - Soound of Bass The Reduzer - Soound of Bass

Epic Song

This song has great builds, and a very awesome epicness to it.

The First 2 and a half minutes really pumped me up. It was a bit repetitive though, sadly.

The slow part / transitioning from there to the 3:10 minute part is good.

The ending is kind of a let down though. It just doesn't feel like it fits right.

Other than that, great song though.

DjYeoh responds:

Thanks!

Through Space Through Space

Nice, but...

I like it, but there's a few things that I think you should work on.

The song is just the same basic thing repeating over and over again... it just goes part A (0:00-0:15), and part B (0:15-0:27). I'd say you should make the notes move up or down a bit, and make it a bit longer. Variety is the key to making something enjoyable (But not too much). Also, the second part at some steps sounds a bit not flowing.

Overall, good, but need works.

Spartacus90 responds:

I like your ideas man. thanks.
You should listen to my other song and write a review. It's called "Two-Dimensional World." It's still pretty repetitive, and every time I listen to it I find something else wrong with it or another way to improve it. But it's still a good song.

=The Day Has Come= =The Day Has Come=

Good, and...

I like the song, it reminds me of well... Command and Conquer, but I'd have to agree with Cyprus X, although the song is still good...

I think there could be a larger emphasis on the bass rather than the that wave/pad. Either way, it could be a tad quieter, and It'd play better as something more ambient.

Hades responds:

Hm, I wasn't even aware of the bass being overpowered by the pad. I guess it could be a bit more ambiental if I made some minor tweaks to it. Thanks for pointing that out, and thanks for the review!